PRENATAL CHARTING BASE LINES: CARE GIVERS
PRENATAL CHARTING BASELINES
Questions For Care Givers: Policies, Partners, Support.
By L'dia Men-Na'a
-  Midwife  Doula  Educator  Doctor
-  1. What is the fee for your services?
-  2. Are your fee’s itemized according to the services provided?
-  3. Prenatal care: .........$___.__
-  Labor and delivery: .$___.__
-  Postpartum care: ....$___.__
-  4. What services does your fee cover?
-  5. Do you take insurance, if yes which types?
-  6. Do you offer a payment plan for your services?
- BIRTHING PARTNERS:
-  7. Do you practice in a group?
-  8. How many partners do you have that assist you? if yes, will I have a choice of practitioners?
-  9. Do you plan to be away at any time during my prenatal care?
-  10. Do you do home births?
-  11. Do you do births at a birthing center?
-  12. Do you do births at a hospital?
- BIRTHING POLICIES:
-  13. Do you attend to the mother throughout labor?
-  14. How long do you attend to mother following labor and delivery?
-  15. Do you view birth as a natural physiological process?
-  16. What is your policy on routine intervention?
-  17. What is your policy on transportation to the hospital?
-  18. What role do you play in a hospital environment?
-  19. Do you practice natural childbirth using wholistic methods of care?
-  20. How many of your mothers have delivered without medication?
-  21. Do you require a prep before birth, such as shave or an enema?
-  22. What is your policy on fetal monitoring?
-  23. Do you use a fetascope, doptone (Doppler)?
-  24. Do you use continuous external monitor?
-  25. Do you use a continuous internal monitor?
-  26. Do you routinely use an IV (intravenous device)?
-  27. Do you allow mother to deliver in her own clothes?
-  28. Is the mother confined to the labor/delivery room or is encouraged to walk around?
-  29. Is mother allowed to move and change positions in labor?
CHARTING BASELINES: CLICK ON IMAGE 3x TO ENLARGE
-  30. Do you explain to mother what is going on during pregnancy and in labor?
- allowing her some choices and in volvement in making decisions?
-  31. Do you remain with mother continuously during labor, or do you have a nurse, apprentice, or doula stay with her?
-  32. How many can be present during a routine labor/delivery?
-  33. Who can be present during a cesarean delivery?
-  34. Do you allow apprentices, assistants, trainees, visitors to assist or watch during labor and delivery?
-  35. Do you allow apprentices, assistants, trainees, visitors who are not approved by the mother to assist?
- EDUCATIONAL SERVICES:
-  36. Do you or does someone you recommend teach childbirth education classes?
-  37. What do you recommend that a childbirth education class cover?
- ROUTINE TESTS AND PROCEDURES:
-  38. Under what conditions do you recommend amniocentesis?
-  39. Under what conditions do you recommend ultrasound?
-  40. STI:  HIV: 
- Rating scale: Low1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 High